Friday 1 January 2010

Introducing... films.in.haiku

I need to watch more films, so I've set myself a challenge. In 2010 I will watch at least 200 films, clearing my DVD backlog and then, hopefully, the majority of stuff I really should have seen by now. Only films I've not seen before count towards the total.

It'd all be a bit worthless without some kind of record, though, so I'm also going to review them in haiku form and give them each a score. I'm interested in finding out if I see more bad films in a year than good. My money's on bad. Though you never know, maybe the 'alright' films will win the day and completely scupper it all.

Only one way to find out.

I'm trying to adhere to Kenneth Yasuda's haiku format. Under this each verse consists of three lines. The first line contains five syllables, the second has seven and the final has five again. I'm not going to be rhyming them intentionally as Yasuda does, though if it does happen you can consider it a happy bonus.

No comments:

Post a Comment